Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Michelle Chooses Yellow


I love yellow and I was really hoping First Lady Michelle Obama would choose the color for at least one of her inaugural outfits. I was really hoping she'd choose a yellow ball gown instead of a yellow inaugural outfit. Despite the great color, I'm not 100% sure about this choice. I don't care for the cut of the coat. It all seems a little cumbersome. I was also hoping for a hat. Women don't wear enough hats and an inauguration seems like a great opportunity.

The sunny lemon-grass-colored ensemble was designed by Isabel Toledo. With sparkle around the neckline, the dress and matching coat of lace layered over wool reportedly were purchased through special order from Ikram, Obama's favorite Gold Coast designer boutique. Its namesake, Ikram Goldman, is often credited with schooling Obama on high fashion.

Again, love the color. Yellow looks great on African-American women. I hope Mrs. Obama will wear this color more often in the years to come. Yellow is the third Chakra. The yellow chakra located at your solar plexus represents 'clarity'.
Yellow is concerned with clarity, well-being, confidence and optimism.

No comments: